Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New look for a dated Armoire

This has been the largest piece of furniture I have tackled. An outdated pine Armoire that was at one time part of a waterbed bedroom set.  Dated!  It has held my clothes for many years, but this Armorie needed a new look.



 I used Annie Sloan's Country Grey.  Two coats, then the sanding started. I'd like to say that the sanding is an ordeal, but not with Annie Sloan paint. A breeze!  Sanding and Waxing went really fast. New knobs, white didn't work any more. So what do you think?  You can take a closer look at Checkered Corner's this weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  If it doesn't sell, I might add a second color as an accent. Maybe some hardware tinting......  When is a project done?   Good question. I could see myself chasing the piece and its new owner down the driveway with my paint brush waving in the air, and me yelling "What about....??????"

No comments:

Post a Comment