Thursday, July 14, 2011

update on projects.


Here's an update on the Chair project I started awhile back.   I love the way it turned out.  I plan on making a few pillows with the remaining Laura Ashley fabric, just need to find some trim to match.  I'll be sad to see it go, they say not to become attached to your products, but it is my first and I have fallen in love with it.

It will be displayed with a desk that has been painted with my new toy, Annie Sloan paint and wax.  I ordered a starter kit with three different paint colors and two different waxes, one clear and one with a dark stain.  It thankfully came with a how to book on getting some different looks and finishes. (it comes from across the pond.)  The desk is my first venture with the paint. I just did one color and sanded down to the oak at the edges and other areas creating the distressed look.  The wax was new for me, it went on nicely and created a hard smooth finish. I did use the dark stain on the back board. I found a lamp with the coral flower on it. Together they'll look great!
 


All this has spurred me on to work on two night stands, they have received a base coat of country grey, ( a light khaki color) either a warm white or a soft blue/green will accent and then the sanding and distressing?  
We'll see...

I am so thankful to have an opportunity to explore this new venue. I plan to have a small stock pile of re-furbished furniture to show at Checkered Corners August Sale.  With Anita's help I have been exploring this whole sub-culture of occasional sales. I pray for the patience and diligence to learn about this over the next few months.  For once I'll be testing the waters with a toe and not a head first dive.
 

1 comment: