Thursday, April 28, 2011

a new view of the neighborhood

Once upon a time I had a floral, greenhouse and gift business, all that is left is a few empty buildings. But not for long. I would like to welcome the Checkered Corner to the neighborhood. And thank the owner, Anita, for opening a window on the world of antiques in 2011.  What a view.  I know it dates me but I have been out of that loop for quite some time. And antiquing has changed. Occasional shops and blogs.  Blogging for antiques and crafts and design ideas.  Now I tell everyone I know about this hidden world, and the treasures mapped out on the internet. As I travel the sites and find my way around I hope to define my goals and shape a niche for de'lea designs and maybe dust off and re-establish old dreams of Iris Cottage, in the future?  (That is how I came to have this blog.  Who knew? not I.) For now I feel like I have taken a peek at a world in a parallel dimension, all this has been going on and I just kept walking past the shuttered window.  Check out The Checkered Corner. Other favorite sites are Snowman Hill, Miss Mustard Seed, and the Old White Cottage.

1 comment:

  1. Oh What FUN. Congrats on feeding that right brain. It will be wonderful therapy and I'm very excited for you.
    anita at Checkered Corner

    ReplyDelete